Why Jaggery Based Ayurvedic Superfood is the Better Choices: In today's health-conscious world, most of us are looking sugar-free alternatives because today's lifestyle doesn't involve must physical work, neither having healthy dietary routine, result is lifestyle related disease like diabetes, hypertension, Thyroids, BP etc. Every 2nd person going through the stress & mental illness related disorder and this is the main cause of above lifestyle disorders.
Sugar Free alternatives have gained popularity. These sugar-free options are marketed as a guilt-free way to satisfy your sweet tooth without the extra calories. However, there's a bitter truth lurking behind the sweetness through these sugar free options. This article explores the facts about artificial sweeteners, their potential side effects, and why natural alternatives like jaggery is the better choices.
What exactly is artificial sweetener and what are the different types available:
Artificial sweeteners, also known as sugar substitutes, are synthetic substances that are used as a replacement for sugar in food products like bakery, chocolate, Ayurvedic Chyawanprash, Candies, Ice cream, and also widely used in leading brand’s Juices/ Cold drinks. These days most of the companies using artificial sweetener to provide a sweet taste without the added calories and to reduce their production cost as compared to natural sugar. These artificial sweetener are often used by individuals who are trying to reduce their sugar intake or manage their weight without knowing about the potential side effect of these sweet poisons. Here is the detail of most common artificial sweeteners include:
- Aspartame: This sweetener is commonly found in diet sodas, cold drinks, candies, chewing gum, and sugar-free desserts. Aspartame is 200 times sweeter than natural sugar. It the chemical composition of two amino acids, phenylalanine and aspartic acid, Chemical formula for aspartame is C14H18N2O5.
- Sucralose: Sucralose is again a artificial sweetener derived from sugar and is around 600 times sweeter than sugar. It is widely used in a variety of products, including baked goods, beverages, and dairy products. Sucralose was first discovered in 1976 and It is produced through a multi-step process that involves chemically modifying sugar molecules.
- Saccharin: Saccharin has been in use since the late 19th century and It was first discovered in 1879 by Constantine Fahlberg, a chemist working at Johns Hopkins University. It is 200-700 times sweeter than sugar. It is commonly found in diet sodas, tabletop sweeteners, and some processed foods. Saccharin carries a warning label in the United States due to its potential to cause cancer in rats.
- Neotame: Neotame is a newer artificial sweetener that is around 7,000-13,000 times sweeter than sugar. Neotame is also commonly found in diet sodas, flavored water, and other beverages marketed as low or zero-calorie. It can also be found in various sugar-free or reduced-sugar products, such as yogurt, ice cream, and bakery. Just a small amount of neotame can achieve the same level of sweetness as a large quantity of sugar. This makes it a cost-effective choice for food and beverage manufacturers, as they can use significantly less neotame to deliver the desired sweetness without thinking about the health of human.
- Acesulfame potassium (Ace-K): Ace-K is 200 times sweeter than sugar and is commonly used in diet sodas, baked goods, and chewing gum. It is a zero-calorie sweetener and does not contribute to tooth decay. Ace-K is also heat-stable, meaning it can be used in baking without losing sweetness. However, some studies have raised concerns about potential health risks, including a possible link to cancer.
Why Should We Be Cautious artificial sweeteners?
The use of artificial sweeteners on regular basis can be very harmful, But it is a topic of ongoing debate, with studies suggesting potential long-term health concerns.
- Lack of Nutritional Value: Artificial sweeteners provide sweetness but no nutritional benefits. This can lead to a diet devoid of essential nutrients.
- Taste for Sweetness: Overconsumption of artificial sweeteners can condition the palate to crave excessively sweet flavors, making it harder to appreciate the natural sweetness of foods.
Potential Side Effects of above Artificial Sweeteners
The side effects of artificial sweeteners can vary depending on the individual, but some common side effects include:
- Aspartame adverse Effect : Common side effects may include headaches, dizziness, digestive issues, and mood changes. Some people may also have an allergic reaction to aspartame.
- Sucralose Effects: Side effects may include gastrointestinal problems, such as bloating and gas. Some individuals may also experience allergic reactions or have an increased craving for sweet foods.
- Saccharin Risk: High doses of saccharin have been linked to an increased risk of bladder cancer in animal studies. Some people may also be sensitive to saccharin and experience digestive issues.
- Neotame Side Effects : Neotame is a newer artificial sweetener, and limited research is available on its side effects. However, some studies suggest that high doses may lead to digestive upset and changes in gut bacteria.
- Acesulfame potassium (Ace-K) effect in Human: Side effects may include headaches, mood changes, and an increased craving for sweet foods. Some individuals may also have an allergic reaction to Ace-K.
Why Jaggery Based Ayurvedic Superfood is the Better Choices ?
Organic Jaggery, a traditional sweetener, also known as gur, is a type of unrefined sugar that is made from the juice of sugarcane. It has been used for centuries in various Indian cultures as a natural sweetener and traditional ayurvedic medicine. Here are some of the great benefits of jaggery (Gud) :
- Jaggery Enriched with Nutritional value: Jaggery is rich in various nutrients, including iron, magnesium, potassium, and calcium. It also contains small amounts of vitamins B and C. Compared to refined sugar, jaggery is a healthier option as it retains more nutrients during the processing. That’s why Deep Ayurveda’s Vajayu made with Jaggery Only.
- Improve Digestive health: Jaggery is known to aid digestion by stimulating the digestive enzymes in the body. It can also help prevent constipation and improve overall gut health.
- Best Blood purifier: Jaggery is often considered a natural blood purifier and is believed to cleanse the liver by flushing out toxins from the body. This can help improve skin health and prevent various skin problems.
- Rich Source of antioxidants: Jaggery is rich in antioxidants, which help to fight against free radicals in the body. Free radicals can cause oxidative stress and damage cells, leading to various health issues including chronic diseases.
- Best Natural sweetener: Unlike refined sugar or artificial sweetener, jaggery is an unprocessed and natural sweetener. It is a healthier alternative that can be used in various recipes to add sweetness like ayurvedic prash or Ayurvedic superfood like Vajayu Ayurvedic Prash, NariPanch Ayurvedic Superfood for Female Health and many more.
- Best Immunity Booster: Jaggery contains antioxidants and various minerals properties that can help boost the immune system and protect against common viral infections and seasonal diseases.
- Know as A best Energy booster: Jaggery is a rich source of instant energy as it is rich in carbohydrates. It work as a quick energy booster and is often consumed by athletes and individuals who engage in physical activities. That’s why Deep Ayurveda Prash range like Vajayu, NariPanch, Shudhprash made only with Organic Jaggery
- Helps in Anemia Prevention: Jaggery is a good source of iron, which is essential for the production of red blood cells. Regular consumption of jaggery can help prevent and treat iron deficiency anemia. It is the best option for those suffering with low iron and they can use Ayurvedic Superfood to improve their iron level without taking chemical based iron tablet or injections. Specially female during pre or post pregnancy they must need to use the jaggery based ayurvedic superfood “NariPanch”
- Improve Respiratory health: Jaggery is commonly used in traditional Ayurvedic Prash or Ayurvedic medicine like Swasani Leham to alleviate respiratory problems such as asthma, allergy bronchitis, and cough. It is believed to help clear the respiratory tract and relieve congestion. Swasani is one of the best ayurvedic superfood made with organic jaggery to detox & clean the lungs naturally.
- Jaggery is also beneficial for diabetics person if it blended with herbs which having a anti-diabetic properties like Ayurvedic Superfood range of Deep Ayurveda Vajayu Prash for Men’s wellness & NariPanch for women's health etc
While artificial sweeteners like aspartame, saccharin, and sucralose offer a calorie-free way to sweeten foods and beverages, they come with potential side effects and concerns regarding long-term safety. For those seeking healthier alternatives, jaggery is the best options that provide sweetness along with additional benefits. Jaggery's rich iron content and antioxidant properties, make them superior choices to replace artificial sweeteners. So, the next time you're tempted to reach for a sugar-free option, consider the sweetness of nature with jaggery or jaggery based ayurvedic superfood or prash for a healthier and more wholesome alternative.